Saturday, September 12, 2015

Backyard Camp-out


Josh has been trying to convince me to buy a tent for our whole marriage and this summer I finally caved and said "yes" to getting all the basic camping gear our family would need to go camping. A few weekends ago we had our tent's inaugural camp-out in our backyard. I prepared myself for a wild, sleepless night with a tent full of giddy children (and a giddy husband), but it actually turned out to be such a great night. The kids slept great and we had so much fun as a family. (This was all Josh's idea, so he deserves the credit!)
Playing games
Every picture I took of Tate was blurry because he was crawling laps around the tent, drooling over all our bedding, and having the time of his life.

 Our view looking up.
Luckily our neighborhood has enough trees to make it seem just enough like camping in the woods.
Roasting marshmallows over the BBQ flame
 Bryn created a s'mores station with graham crackers, chocolate, and nutella. 
 Yum.
 After s'mores we cozied up in the tent and watched Aristocats on the laptop until everyone fell asleep.
Backyard camping is the way to go!

2 comments:

Marie said...

This is so cute and fun! You are such a great mom. My parents did a little backyard campout with my kids a few weeks ago. My kids LOVED it!!

Clarke Family said...

The smore with nutella looks wonderful