Thursday, October 31, 2013

October Days

October was a fun, busy month with lots of outings and parties, but also lots of fun, simple days at home...
The first thing Bryn does in the morning is slide books through the crib bars for Mya to read. (Sometimes more books than other days!) The girls' reading time gives Josh and I about 15 extra minutes to hit snooze a few times and finally crawl out of bed :)
Pre-Bedtime walks are one of my very favorite things.
Evenings at the park
Afternoon tea parties with my girls
Bryn draws/paints/writes stories all day long. One day I asked her what she wanted for lunch and she asked if she could paint her lunch order instead of say it. 
Bryn went on a real school bus with her preschool class to the fire station. She thought it was the coolest thing ever and can't stop giggling about the phrase "stop, drop, and roll"....which actually isn't a joke!
The colorful fall leaves have mostly fallen and now we're left with sidewalks and yards filled with crunchy brown leaves. The first thing Bryn does each day when we pick her up from preschool is run straight for the leaves.

 This is what Bryn looks like when I let her dress herself. Stripes, leopard print, lots of bright color, an oversized scarf, and my glasses.
 Mya and I love our quiet afternoons while Bryn's at school. It's so fun to have the one-on-one time with my sweet Mya girl.
We love our evening walks, but it's getting really cold lately so we've really had to bundle up the girls. We actually had snow flurries this morning, so I think fall is officially ending!
So long, October!

No comments: