Friday, March 8, 2013

Artsy Afternoon

Today we put Mya down for her nap, then turned our dining room into an art studio! I haven't done any large-scale paintings lately because of the mess and our lack of space. And when I have painted, I've been doing mostly watercolors because the fumes of oil painting worries me with my children around. But I finally pulled out my acrylics last week and committed to paint something...anything!...before I get completely rusty.
 I'm painting over an old painting of mine that I got sick of and so far I think I've just made it worse! Ha! In about an hour it went from an weird looking abstract painting to a weird looking landscape painting. Clearly it has a long way to go, but eventually the painting will depict one of my favorite views in our neighborhood...(on the trail from Sachem Village to Boston Lot Lake).
Hopefully someday I'll have a nice studio to paint in, but I have a feeling there will be many years of painting on the dining room floor before we have the space for an actual studio! And I am totally okay with that because Bryn and I have a pretty good time painting and chatting, cross-legged on the floor.

1 comment:

Diana Hulme said...

You are amazing!!! This is the cutest. Like I said, someday I will commission you to paint one of your huge masterpieces for our home! Or maybe I will have to commission Bryn!