Friday, September 14, 2012

Gymnastics

Well, I kind of missed the boat on signing up Brynlee for preschool here in New Hampshire. I should have been researching preschools before we got out here, but I was too busy having a baby and moving and pinning craft ideas on pinterest. (Bryn doesn't start kindergarten til 2014, so I guess it's not the end of the world that she's not in preschool this year).
But the next best thing to preschool is gymnastics class, right?
All the other kids her age will know how to read and write, but Bryn will be able to do a round-off back handspring, so it all evens out.

 In all honesty, signing up Bryn for gymnastics was one of the best parenting decisions I've ever made. I'm kind of kidding but I'm kind of not. It's the funniest thing I've ever seen. Bryn is crazy about it! She came in to our bedroom at 6:30 this morning and said "Okay Mom! I've got my stretchy clothes on! I'm ready for gymnastics!" She was about 5 hours too early, but it was pretty cute. Here are some pictures from her class this week....(They're totally blurry because I was holding Mya and she was silly and squirmy the whole time, but you can still get an idea of Bryn's gymnastics skillz).





I am the only parent who laughs throughout the whole class. Something is just so funny to me about seeing Bryn try some of those little tricks. Ballet is the perfect activity for most little girls, but for silly Bryn gymnastics is such a perfect fit! 

2 comments:

Karen said...

Don't worry about preschool. With all of the preschool activities that you've already done with her she is going to be just fine. Gymnastics sounds so fun for Bryn.

Michelle said...

Damon did gymnastics when he was 4, and it was soooo much fun. He absolutely loved it. It's such a fun age for kids to run around on mats and hang from bars, or swing into a foam pit. love it.