Saturday, February 4, 2012

Valentine's Tic Tac Toe

I'm trying to make lots of holiday decorations and crafts this year since I'm sure it will be harder next year with two kids! Here's a little project I made for Bryn yesterday...
Bryn loves playing Tic Tac Toe, so I made a simple Valentine's version. For the game pieces I made ten felt hearts, stitched around the edges, and stuffed them. Then for the game board I just cut two big fabric hearts, sewed them together, insided them out, and top-stitched around the edge. Then I sewed on grosgrain ribbon for the lines.
Here's a close up picture. I don't know why I felt the need for a close-up, but maybe it's for my brothers - who will surely be making their own versions of this to play with their roommates.
Then I made a little fabric bag to store the game pieces and board. I just sewed a basic bag, added the heart, and sewed ribbon to the back of the back so it can wrap around and tie in front.
Before you stuff the pieces inside it's very important to arrange them by color, right?
Tada! Here's the little sack with the game inside!
All the materials except the ribbon were from my fabric stash, so this was also a cheap-o project, too. Three Cheers! This calls for ice cream!
And the best part is that Bryn loves it and has played it over and over.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I like the picture of Bryn playing the game because it helps me see the scale. The first picture I didn't realize that it was that big. What a fun idea. You're awesome.

Brandi said...

Really, really cute! Can I come live with you? WOW adorable!

Brittany said...

i love this! what a fun project and such a cute valentine's game! i'm so pinning this!

The Pixton Family said...

Great project!

JS said...

Oh, I need you to know something... :) I made this after I saw your post. My kids love tic tac toe, and with their birthday being Vday, I thought they would love this...

so I copied you. :)

and then I just realized that Berkleigh's "birthday" dress from my mom is the same dress that Bryn is wearing in her pictures... so to sum up, apparently I want to be just like you. :)

and you will notice that when you see their 5 year pictures.