Friday, February 3, 2012

Beautiful Day!

Once or twice a week Bryn and I pack lunches and head down to the pier for a walk, and today I had my camera to document it...
It takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to the pier from our house. We always have to walk to end of the pier so Bryn can check if anyone has caught any fish, then we find a bench, get out our lunches, and watch the surfing.
The waves weren't great today, but Bryn was still entertained.
Then, while Bryn is full and content, we walk up the beach trail for as long as she will last. Some days we can make it up to Seapoint if there are lots of squirrels to distract her. Today the squirrels were few, and we only made it half an hour before we had to turn around. She lasts so much longer than she used to, though, so it's fun to be able to walk a long ways with a happy child!
Her incentive for being good is that we always end our walks at the park at the end of our street. I sit and read while she runs around and tires herself out for her nap. It's a pretty good deal!
I love this little routine and I love sharing it with my little buddy!

3 comments:

Marie said...

How fun that you guys get to enjoy that fun routine together! So cute.

Scott and Lindsey said...

She is going to have so much fun with a little sibling to run around with her. I'm glad you guys got the package! Love you all!

Diana Hulme said...

How fun!!! I love that! I am a tiny bit jealous. :)