Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lately...

Besides family in town, these are some of my favorite things from the past week :
Snagging this cute little lamp at Goodwill for $6.00, after I saw it earlier this year at HomeGoods for $40.00. And my lamp budget was about $6.05, so it was meant to be. Fate.
- - - - -
Listening to Bryn pray every day that "Uncle Jae will get buried in pigeons" and that we can get a new "booty in our family" .....instead of Jae getting married and us have a new baby. Unfortunately, Bryn sees prayers as a time to crack jokes.....the same jokes every time. We're working on both things with her: (1) prayers are serious, and (2) vary your jokes.
- - - - -
Finding my neice sweetly combing Bryn's hair with a dirty dustbroom. And then watching her sneak behind Josh and do the same thing. So great. I love watching things like that.
- - - - -
Catching Bryn slurping water from at least five different puddles....."slurping just like a PUPPY!!!" Yes. Just like a puppy.
- - - - -
Discovering Bon Iver, and listening to him every day during naptime while I get stuff done.
- - - - -
Booking our flight for our Hawkins Fam Reunion at Brighton. Can't wait!
- - - - -
Listening to a groggy Bryn talk about her nightly dreams of a "brown goat who eats sand for lunch" and a "cow named Taco". Good stuff. I could listen to those stories every day!.....and I do.
- - - - -
Reading "I Don't Have to Make Everything All Better" and realizing....I don't have to make everything all better. Phew. That was a relief. (Actually, it's an interesting book).
- - - - -
Researching grad schools with Josh, making goals, and looking forward to the things ahead.
- - - - -
Laughing as Bryn sings "Mamma Mia! Here I go again! Ma-ma! How can I assist you?" over and over again, complete with her killer dance moves.
- - - - -
I have a good life.

5 comments:

Scott and Lindsey said...

I'm so glad that B is watching out for Jae.

McKenzie said...

She is so darling!! Persronal favorite is the revamped Abba song. Wonderful! :)

Jessica F. said...

I love how you write. Brynn is darling and we can't wait to see you soon!

Alli said...

I wish!! We will be quite a few hours north of Huntington Beach. But if it were down there, you can bet I'd be signing up to live by you three!

miss said...

So funny! I met your brother when we first moved here, but didn't make the connection until just recently! And no one believed I didn't meet him in Provo because oddly enough, we have lots of mutual friends! It looks like you had lots of fun with your visitors! Hope all is going well for you!