Monday, May 10, 2010

Felt Flash-cards

During Bryn's nap today I made these flashcards. Another quick, free project with left-over felt. Bryn loved playing with them after her nap. I mix them all up and hold up one card and then she'd find the match. It entertained her for quite a while, actually. --- There are two layers of the brown felt, so the back sides are all blank. We turned them all over, mixed them up, and tried to play the memory game, but I think we'll wait a little bit on that one. (The memory game won't work when Bryn's old enough to memorize that the leaf card is the one with the crooked seam, and the flower card is a bit shorter than the rest, and so on. I tried to make them identical from the back, but it just wasn't going to happen!)
I found the idea on this blog, where she made flashcard with numbers. I decided to do simple shapes that Bryn would recognize, since she doesn't know her numbers yet. I'd like to add grommets, so I can keep them on a ring. But I don't even have a grommet tool, so that'll have to wait....

5 comments:

{autie} said...

um, so cute! can I copy?!

Kristy said...

Way to finish projects Hawkins. Wanna come finish some of mine?

Hema and Becky said...

Seriously those are darling. They would be perfect for church!

Sew Much Ado said...

Those are ADORABLE! I seriously want to make some more now... Those are perfect for younger kids. I'd love it if you added them to the Sew Much Ado Flickr group -- I just posted about it today :).

Courtney said...

Where did you find such cute shapes for a template? So adorable!