Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Quiet Book, Part One

When Josh was camping with the Scouts this weekend, I started making a Quiet Book for Brynlee to take to church. I've only finished three pages so far. (Because I am really bad at sewing around tight curves! Yikes!) This has been such a fun project so far. Josh and I have made up the pages, with a little help from my youngest brother Logan (the animal and insect expert in our family). I'll post more pages as I finish them. Hopefully I can get the book put together by the time of our plane flight in two weeks!
(This page won't be complete until I buy red felt for the lady bug.

8 comments:

{autie} said...

it's so cute, Laura! you're amazing!

Sabrina said...

That is too cute!

Gloria said...

Laura you are so talented! What a good idea! This will turn out soo cute!

Merrick said...

I'm super impressed! This book is turning out GREAT! Can't wait to see the finished product!

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

so so cute! make sure i get a peak at it while you are here...we've been thinking about making one too! but i'm not as creative as you!

Meghan said...

That is SO SO cute! And you really made it up yourself? I love it!

JS said...

You are doing such a good job!I can't believe you sewed around all those little pieces. Crazy! I love it. Brynlee will love it!

Diana Hulme said...

this is like the quiet book to top all quiet books. you have become a seamstress, creative genius, mother extraordinaire. wow.

also, i love that the expert on everything in life (logan, of course) was consulted before undertaking this important project.

see you soon!