Friday, October 16, 2009

New Baggity Bag

I've been using the free diaper bag that they give you in the hospital because I couldn't find a diaper bag I really liked, so I finally decided to make my own bag (Amy Butler's "Birdie Sling" pattern) with some of my very favorite fabric from Anna Maria Horner. It was a really fun project and I'm happy with it. It's a huge bag! If I didn't have to carry around baby stuff it would be way too big!
Flaming orange lining. Maybe a little too intense, but at least it's not visible from the outside.
I had never done pleats or gussets before. Basically all I had ever done before this was sew in a straight line. So I learned a lot.

8 comments:

Jae said...

Git some chihuahuas in that bag.

Carrie Richins said...

Wow, you're amazing. That looks so good!

Becky said...

Where do you get your patterns. You make me want to try more!

Jessica F. said...

That is so cute! Way to go Laura!!!

Gloria said...

That looks sooo cute!! I love all your little sewing projects, you are too cute!! :)

Lauren said...

That's AWESOME!! Did you design the pattern or buy it from someone?

Hema and Becky said...

You did not talk this bag up enough on the phone Laura! It is sooooo cute! man, I need a daiper bag upgrade!

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

ok so i am in a sewing class and have to pick a final project and that would be such a fun one!!! did it take a long time? lets just say i'm not the most patient person there is...would i want to pull my hair out?