Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day Fitness Challenge

Some of my family in Utah competed in a Triathalon on Labor Day, and since Josh and I couldn't be a part of it, we did the next best thing: "WORLD TRAIL FITNESS CHALLENGE" CENTRAL PARK HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA I had seen this at the park a few months ago, and have been begging Josh to try it with me. Some of the "events" were completely impossible. (The straight-leg double vault. Not happening!) But it was such a blast doing what we could! Ha ha. Here are a few of the events that we attempted....
Hang on to the bar and hold your legs out in front of you for as long as you can. Walk your hands along the bars with your legs curled up behind you. Hold your legs up horizontally as you walk your hands across the bars. I only made it about ten inches.
The hardest option, hold your legs behind you horizontally as you walk your hands across the bars. Ha ha. Crawl along the bar with your Daddy.
No "fitness challenge" would be complete without push-ups. Unfortunately.
How did I do these when I was a kid!? (Because I weighed half as much as I do now!) I only made it to the third ring, and my hands were killing me!
Rotate your hips from side to side as you pull your chin up to the bar. Impossible.
Josh gets it done.
Don't remember the instructions for this one, but I was struggling.
We had to take a time-out from the fitness challenge when we saw a playground for Bryn!
It was a good morning.

4 comments:

Merrick said...

Haha this is hilarious!! What a fun idea!

The Pixton Family said...

You guys are so fun!

Diana Hulme said...

Ah yes! I was hoping to hear more about the world trail! :) So funny - I am actually impressed by how much you & Josh did!

Jessica F. said...

You guys are too funny! I always think those fitness things are so hilarious. I am glad to see that someone is using them.